EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Dr Rajeentheran is deeply committed to providing highly effective urological treatment, personalized care, and in keeping up to date with the latest techniques and breakthrough treatments in the field of Urology.
He is very widely read, knowledgeable and committed to knowing the latest management in the field of Urology. Dr Rajeentheran started as a house officer at Klang General Hospital from August 1990 to July 1991 before being transferred to
Tawau Hospital, Sabah as a Medical Officer for another two years. He subsequently underwent numerous postings and training at Tawau including in the fields of General Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery,
Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT and Outpatient Clinics. He was subsequently transferred to Hospital Kuala Lumpur as a Medical Officer, following which he had undergone surgical rotations as part of his training in General Surgery.
The surgical rotations included Neurosurgery for one year, Orthopedic Surgery with Rehabilitation and Spinal surgery for 6 months, Vascular Surgery with General Surgery for 9 months, Cardiothoracic Surgery at the National Heart Institute
(Institut Jantung Negara) for 3 months and Urological Surgery for 18 months.
He was very enthusiastic durimg training in all the various surgical specialties. Having subsequently passed his FRCS General Surgery from Edinburgh and Glasgow in 1997,
Dr Rajeentheran was then posted as a general surgeon in Hospital Kuala Lumpur, followed by Hospital Kuala Terengganu, following which he then took up Urology as a surgical specialty in 1999 at Hospital Johor Bahru.
He had then completed the necessary 4-year training in Urology after having passed his Malaysian Board of Urology examinations in 2001 — after which he had undergone further training in the subspecialty of Urology at the Bristol Urological Institute,
Southmead Hospital, England for one year.
1. MBBS (Mangalore University) - 1989
2. Fellowship, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - 1997
3. Fellowship, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow – 1997
4. Urology Board Certificate, Board of Urology Malaysia - 2001
5. Academy of Medicine Malaysia - 2008
6. Sanofi Synthelabo Prostate Research Award Winner - 2004
7. Outstanding Achievement Award (APC), Ministry of Health Malaysia - 2004
8. Certificate in Urodynamics, Bristol - 2001
9. Malaysian Mensa Society membership for the high I.Q. - 1994
10. Gold medal recipient- Interschool Maths & Science competition, Federal Territory – 1981
11. Honorary Mention award, Malaysian National Olympiad Mathematical Competition – 1981
12. American Mathematical Society Award – 1981
Education & Fellowship
• Fellow, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Fellow, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
• Board of Urology, Malaysia Private Urologist Representative and Council member to the Board
• Examiner, Malaysian Board of Urology Examinations and FRCS Glasgow (Urology) Examinations
• Malaysian Urological Association
• Academy of Medicine, Malaysia
• Malaysian Medical Association – Life member
• Member of Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU) since 2015
• Malaysian Mensa Society for the high I.Q.
- His specialties and special interest are as follows:
1. Endourology and kidney and urinary stone management
- 2. Uro-oncology (Urologic Oncology), dealing with Urological cancers
- 3. Female Urology and Incontinence Surgery
- 4. Urodynamics
- 5. Paraplegics and spinal cord injuries urological management, and augmentation cystoplasty
- 6. Penile prosthesis and Artificial Urinary Sphincter
He is usually involved in, and is very competent with, the following operations:
General Urology – TURP (Transurethral Resection of The Prostate), TRUS biopsy (Transrectal Ultrasound Guided Prostate Biopsy), Orchidectomy, Office Urology.
Endourology & Laparoscopy – PCNL (percutaneous nephrolithotripsy), Ureteroscopy, Flexible Ureterorenoscopy, ESWL (extracorporeal lithotripsy) of stones,
Nephrostomy insertion, Laparoscopic varicocele ligation, Laparoscopic Marsupialisation of Renal Cysts, Laparoscopic Nephrectomy/ Nephroureterectomy.
Urooncology – The management of kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular and penile cancers and competent in all its management including:
TURBT (transurethral resection of bladder tumour), Radical Cystectomy with ideal conduit diversion and neo-bladders, Radical Prostatectomy,
Radical Nephrectomy, Penectomy, Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection.
Reconstructive Urology – Augmentation Cystoplasty, Vesicovaginal fistula repair, Pyeloplasty, Urethroplasty, Ureteric reimplantation, Urology trauma and repair.
Vascular Access Surgery – AVF, BCF.
Urodynamics and Incontinence Surgery – Sling procedures,
Urodynamic assessment, Urethral pressure profilometry.
Bahasa Melayu, English