He graduated from the University of Malaya in 1999. He did his postgraduate training in Clinical Oncology in St Luke’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland, the National Cancer Centre in Ireland. He obtained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (UK) in Clinical Oncology in 2006. He later worked as a Research Registrar under Professor John Armstrong, St. Luke’s Institute of Cancer Research, and was involved in a few EORTC and ICORG(Irish Clinical Oncology Research Group) clinical trials in prostate, lung and esophagus cancers. He continued his training and research in radiation oncology as a Clinical Research Fellow in the British Columbia, Vancouver Island Centre, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada under Professor Ivo Olivotto , Head of Radiation Oncology, BCCA (2007-2008).
Here, he was involved in RTOG and NCI Canada clinical trials in partial breast radiotherapy and breast IMRT. He also received training in IMRT/IGRT especially in head and neck cancers and formal training in prostate brachytherapy with LDR iodine seeds in the BCCA Vancouver Cancer Centre, which has the largest prostate brachytherapy programme in Canada. As part of the training, he had the opportunity to attend the Seattle Prostate Institute Prostate Brachytherapy Course, Seattle, Washington.
At the end of 2008, he came back to Malaysia and was appointed Consultant Clinical Oncologist in the Department of Radiotherapy & Oncology, Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL), the National Tertiary Referral Centre of Malaysia. In late 2011, he was appointed an Associate Professor of Medicine (Oncology) in the Faculty of Medicine, University Technology MARA (UiTM), before joining KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital as Consultant Clinical & Radiation Oncologist in 2012. In 2017, he joined KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital as a resident consultant.
1. MBBS (Malaya), Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya (1999)
2. FRCR (UK), Faculty of Clinical Oncology, the Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK (2006)
3. Fellowship Radiation Oncology, The University of British Columbia / British Columbia Cancer Agency, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (2008)
4. AM (Mal), Member. Academy of Medicine Malaysia
Education & Fellowship
- • ASTRO (American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology) International Member
- • National Cancer Society Malaysia - Member
- • Academy of Medicine, College of Radiology - Member
- • MOS (Malaysian Oncology Society) - Life Member
- • IMAM (Islamic Medical Association Malaysia) - Life Member
- • MMA (Malaysia Medical Association) - Life Member
• Radiation Oncology: IMRT/VMAT/IGRT,SRS/SBRT,PET/CT in radiotherapy planning, brachytherapy of gynaecological cancer, partial breast radiotherapy
• Medical Oncology: Chemotherapy, biological & targeted therapies, immunotherapy breast, colorectal, head & neck, gynaecological, genitourinary cancers, cns tumours, lymphomas, bone and soft tissue sarcomas
• Palliative Care
• Brachytherapy for gynaecological cancers
• Pleurodesis for malignant pleural effusion
Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Indonesia, English