Dr. Sivasangkari comes with extensive working experience in more than 10 hospitals. She did her internship at Hospital Taiping and medical training at Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun for 3 years. Subsequently, she served at KL General Hospital for 7 years as registrar and physician. Her last position was as Head of Endocrinology Unit at Taiping Hospital.
Dr. Sangkari graduated from University Science of Malaysia (USM) in 2005. She obtained the Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP UK, London) in 2014.
She pursued a Fellowship in Endocrinology in 2018 working in renowned tertiary Endocrine Centres such as Putrajaya Hospital, UMMC, UKMMC, HKL and Penang GH. During her final year, she trained as AHPRA registered Research Fellow in Diabetes & Endocrinology at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia focusing on areas of Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Neuroendocrine (Pituitary), Thyroid, Adrenal, Hypertension and Genetic testing in Endocrine Disorders.
Her expertise includes Diabetes and thyroid disorders in pregnancy, Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome, Pituitary Disorders, Osteoporosis and Reproductive Disorders.
Dr. Sangkari is also a Ministry of Health Certified National Trainer for the Postgraduate Medical Curriculum of Internal Medicine and has trained specialists during her tenure.
Apart from that, Dr.Sangkari also enjoys giving health talks and training medical professionals.
General Medicine & Endocrinology Services
1. Diabetes Mellitus Type 1, Type 2, MODY
2. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Fertility
3. Young Hypertension, Resistant Hypertension
4. Obesity, Metabolic syndrome, Eating Disorders
5. Thyroid and Parathyroid disorders
6. Diabetes and Thyroid disorders in Pregnancy
8. Hypercalcaemia, Hypocalcaemia
9. Hyponatremia, Hypernatremia, Hypokalemia
10. Functioning Pituitary and Adrenal Adenomas
12. Addison's, Adrenal Insufficiency
13. Hormone Replacement Therapy
14. Neuroendocrine Tumours