Admission & Discharge Process
WHAT TO BRING?
- Identity Card or Passport or Birth Certificate.
- A guarantor is normally required for all personal admissions. He/she must be financially secured, between 18-55 years old. Identity Card or Passport needed.
- Employee's Letter of Guarantee for employees whose company has credit facility approved by the hospital.
- Insurance Card.
- All admissions require a deposit. Our Care Assistant at the Consultant's Clinic will inform you of the amount of deposit required upon confirmation of your admission. If the initial deposit depletes before the discharge date, a deposit top-up may be requested by our Credit Control staff.
- For Insurance Card holders, an initial deposit of RM400.00 is required. However, you should remember that your policy is a contract between you and your insurance company and you have the final responsibility for payment of your hospital bill.
- You should familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance policy. This will help you understand the process of your bill.
- The office accepts payment for hospital services in the form of cash, credit card and bank draft (No payment by Cheque is accepted).
- Sleepwear if you desire.
- Some reading materials.
WHAT NOT TO BRING?
Please do not bring excessive cash or other valuables on the day of your admission. Should you have such items with you when you are admitted, we would request you to arrange for your relative to bring them home.
The management of the hospital will not be responsible for any loss of valuables and personal items.
After completing the admission process, you will be assigned a room. Your room assignment is based on your admitting diagnosis and bed availability on the day of your admission.
If the room you request is not available, with your consent we will arrange to put you at the nearest class and will charge you accordingly.
NOTE TO VISITOR
- Visiting hours are from : 9.00am - 9.00pm
- STRICTLY NO VISITORS AFTER 9.00PM
- You need to have sufficient rest to ensure a speedy recovery. As such we urge you to advise your family and friends to visit DURING VISITING HOURS ONLY.
- ICU/CCU/HDU patient are allowed only ONE VISITOR at a time.
- For your well being and that of other patients, WE REQUEST THAT YOU ENSURE NOT MORE THAN TWO VISITORS AT ANY ONE TIME. We also request that visitors be sensitive to the needs of other patients for peace and quiet.
- If under unforeseen circumstances you have to visit during non-visiting hours, please inform the staff nurse.
Children Below 12
For health reasons, visitors are advised not to bring children below 12 years of age to the wards.
The hospital is gazetted as a Non-Smoking Area by the Government. As such, please do not smoke nor allow your visitors to smoke within the hospital premises.
The hospital is manned by 24 hours Security Guard & CCTV.
ADVICE TO THE PATIENT & FAMILY MEMBERS
Kindly take note of the following:
- Please wait for billing staff to inform your discharge status.
- Cut-off time is 3.00pm. Grace period extended until 4.00pm. Any discharge after:
4.00pm: Additional 1/2 day bed charges
9.00pm: Additional 1 day bed charges
- We accept cash, credit card, bank draft and telegraphic transfer only. No payment by company/personal cheque.
- Upon discharge, if there is any refund of deposit by:
Cash: Refund will be made by telegraphic transfer if it is more than RM500.00. It will take approximately 1 week/office hour.
Credit Card: Please present the same credit card used for deposit.
- Please ensure you bring along your Deposit Bill for Deposit Refund.
- Per admission, only one original invoice/receipt can be issued for your record and claim purposes.
- Please ensure that you do not leave any of your personal belongings when leaving your room.
- Please ensure that you collect your medication and appointment card before you leave the hospital.
- For insurance/MCO members, the discharge process may take up to 3 hours for clearance with your Insurance/MCO companies.
Generally, the bill printed at discharge will be the final bill. Occasionally, however, late charges for items used on the day of discharge might not to be included. If this is the case, the hospital will post a supplementary bill.