ANAESTHESIOLOGY & INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
At KPJ BMSH, our team of highly trained anaesthesia specialists are here to support you through your healthcare journey. This is to ensure comfort in every stage of your stay with us for the following services:-
PRE-OPERATIVE ASSESSMENTWhen patient has to undergo an operation, the anaesthesiologist visits the patient to reassure him and discuss the type of anaesthesia to be used. He also identifies any other concurrent medical conditions, which may affect the anaesthetic and takes steps to stabilize these conditions. He may also order a sedative the night before surgery to allow the patient in having a restful sleep.
FOR SURGICAL PROCEDURES
Patients who are scheduled for an operation are fearful of pain and wrought with anxiety. The anaesthesiologist's role is to ensure that a patient has no pain throughout the procedure. He may do so by the following techniques:-
• General Anaesthesia
The patient is asleep and is unaware of the operation until it's over when the anaesthesiologist will wake him up.
• Regional Anaesthesia
The patient is awake but feels no pain because the operative site, e.g. Hand or legs is made pain free. If the patient is anxious, the anaesthesiologist may make the patient calm or sleepy by the administration of appropriate drugs.
• Local Anaesthesia
The patient is also awake. This procedure is performed by inject of local anaesthetic medication to numb only a small area of nerves at the site where the surgeon plans to operate such as for cataract surgery.
POST-OPERATIVE MANAGEMENTAfter the operation, the patient may feel pain for a day or two. The anaesthesiologist can help to relief the pain by several measures. One modern method is the use of a computer-aided device, which delivers a pain killer every time the patient presses a button. The patient is therefore in full control of his own pain relief.
OBSTETRIC PAIN RELIEFIt is now possible to deliver a baby without labour pain. The anaesthesiologist can perform an epidural to give Pain relief throughout the entire labour and until the baby is delivered.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND RESUSCITATIONPatient who undergo severe symptoms and illness potentially to have a sudden breathing stop or develop a cardiac arrest. Anaesthesiologist is part of the team who will resuscitate such a patient and restore him to life. This setting can happen in the Accident & Emergency Department as well when patient requires to be admitted intermittently in different department to undergo for treatment/procedure.
MANAGEMENT OF CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (ICU)Very ill patients need cardio-respiratory support in the intensive care ward. Such as patients who have an unstable blood circulation and unable to breath well. Patients also have poor nutrition and need very close monitoring. Here, the anaesthesiologist acts as an intensivist and breathes for the patients with the help of a life support machine (ventilator) until the patient's condition improves.
KPJ BMSH provides physiotherapy care for inpatients and outpatient under trained Physiotherapists that located at Level 2 of the hospital premises. Consultant's referral is required for all physio-services and our experienced Physiotherapist will help patient overcome their physical problems and improve wellbeing and fitness.
OUR SPECIALIZED PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES:
- Musculoskeletal pain rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Post arthroscopic and post replacement rehabilitation
- Back and neck rehabilitation
- Cardiorespiratory rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
OBJECTIVE OF THE SERVICES:
- To carry out appropriate physiotherapy assessments of each client's accordingly based on their condition, problem and needs.
- To develop and manage treatment or training program based on mutual acceptable goals for clients and therapist.
- To educate patients/caregivers regarding self-help, home treatment programs and to involve them closely in the management of patients conditions.
- To re-evaluate client's problems and progress throughout treatment and make appropriate changes or adaptations to treatment choices.
- Serve as a resource centre in providing counselling/advice for prescribing appropriate rehabilitation aids based on the needs of individual clients or healthcare provider.
- To support and provide opportunities for continuing education and training for all staff.
- To build effective working relationship within the healthcare community.
- We offer Physiotherapy Services for all range of musculoskeletal problems. Our Physiotherapists work to restore function, movement and health through assessment and treatment of the patient's medical status and movement disorder. The treatment focuses on:
- Functional mobility training
- Gait training
- Therapeutic exercises
- Pain management – electrotherapy
- Postural correction and education
- Balance and neuromuscular re-education
- Self-management, prevention and lifestyle modification
- Home exercise
Occupational Therapy Services
Home Care Physiotherapy Services
Sales Rehab Aids – we also educate patients how to use an ambulatory aid and other assistive devices such as orthopaedic aid, braces & corset
- Sunday to Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
- Friday: 8.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Saturday & Public Holiday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm (Physiotherapist On Call for inpatient only)
24-HOURS ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; and always ready in providing the best clinical care to our patients depending on how critical they are.
All emergency cases will be attended to by our competent and experienced Medical Officers specially trained to handle trauma and emergency cases with help from a highly experienced nursing team. In addition, the unit owns a procedure room with equipment such as a toilet and suturing. Upon checking with our Medical Officer, an immediate referral to our specialist is available if necessary.
Medical Officer In-charged:
Dr. Siti Rasidah Ibrahim
Occupational Health Doctor & Medical Review Officer:
Dr. Mohd Khairul Amirin Khalid
MD (NNSMA), OHD (NIOSH), Ergonomic Trained Person (Initial/Advanced ERA), MO (AOEMM)
Dr. Syafawati Samad
MD (UNIDIP), DMO (IUHM)
Dr. Muhammad Hafiz Mahadar
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING SERVICES
Radiology is the branch or specialty of medicine that deals with the study and application of imaging technology like x-ray and radiation to diagnose and treat disease.
Radiologists are physicians that utilize an array of imaging technologies such as ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to diagnose or treat disease. Interventional radiology is the performance of (usually minimally invasive) medical procedures with the guidance of imaging technologies. The acquisition of medical imaging is usually carried out by the radiographer.
KPJ BMSH Diagnostic Imaging Services is located at Level 1. We provide a varied range of radiographic services with modern facilities to ensure accurate and prompt imaging services:-
- General X-ray
- Computerized Tomography (CT scan)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - open system
- Bone Densitometry
OPERATING HOURS *
Sunday to Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday & public holiday: Closed
* Our Diagnostic Imaging Services are available 24 hours to cater the needs of the inpatients and patients from the 24-hours Accident & Emergency Services.
MEDICAL LABORATORY SERVICES
Medical Laboratory Services is operated by Lablink (M) Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of the KPJ Group).
- Location: Level 2, KPJ Bandar Maharani Specialist Hospital.
- Telephone:: +60 6-956 4515
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.kpjlablink.com/
Operation Hours (Outpatient Service):- *
|Sunday – Thursday:||8.30 am – 5.00 pm|
|Friday:||8.30 am – 12.30 pm|
|Saturday & public holiday:||Closed|
* Our laboratory services are available 24 hours to cater to the needs of inpatients and patients from the 24-hours Accident & Emergency Services.
HOW TO GET OUR SERVICE
Request for Blood examination** must be referred by consultants and general practitioners via:
1. Request form
2. Appointment via phone (Kindly please bring a referral letter upon arrival)
3. Online request (available within hospital premises)
4. Memo instruction by authorized qualified medical personnel.
** Please ensure you fast for 6-8 hours before proceeding with the blood examination.
Dietary Services is one of the main components of clinical support services in a hospital. The main focus of Dietary Services is to provide quality, safe, healthy, and nutritious food for patients, staff, and the public. It has a very important role in the prevention of food hazards and aids the recovery of patients.
We also provide Dietitian Consultation to patients (outpatients and inpatients) as well as the community too; and design meal plans for specific nutritional interventions or individual diet modifications, as required:-
* Pre-diabetes/Diabetes Mellitus/Gestational Diabetes
* Kidney dietary management (dialysis/non-dialysis patients)
* Weight Management (Underweight, overweight, obesity)
* Cardiovascular Diseases (Hypertension, coronary heart disease, heart failure, stroke, cholesterol)
* Nutrition Support: Enteral and Parenteral nutrition
* Nutrition for the elderly
* Children with feeding problems/growth faltering/selective eating
* Gastrointestinal disorders
* Food allergies and intolerance
* Eating disorders
OTHER DIETARY SERVICES
* Nutrition talks/workshops/seminars
* Food intake analysis
* Antenatal nutrition talks
* Corporate wellness programs
* Healthy cooking demonstration
* Media appearances – live talk shows, nutrition write-ups for magazines and newspapers
We accept appointments via:
1. Phone call
2. Doctor referral - Referrals should be accompanied by a letter citing all relevant medical history, current treatment, test results, and medications (if any).
PROFILE OF DIETITIAN:
Name: Siti Syahirah binti Saru
Qualification: Bachelor of Science (Hons) Dietetic, University of Science, Malaysia (USM).
Language: Malay, English
Membership: Malaysian Dietitians' Association (MDA)
Tel: +60 6-956 4500 (ext. 1031)
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES
We in KPJ BMSH care about your safety and health conditions in your workplace. Workplace will be the area for individual to spend most of their time. Employees are exposed to potentially hazardous materials or other risks in the workplace in an attempt to uncover early signs of work-related illness. As a healthcare provider who cares for everyone’s health, we provide to all employees to comply an Occupational Safety Health practice in the workplace. Moreover, it is also one of the code of conduct which is required by the Department of Occupational Safety And Health. Among the Occupational Health Services provided by KPJ BMSH are:
WALK – THROUGH VISIT TO WORKPLACE
Every workplace and organization is exposed to unique type of hazard, which is best determined by occupational health and safety competent persons. To understand this further, it is best for our Occupational Health Doctor to have a Walk-Through Visit of the workplace by identifying the potential source of hazard at certain workplace. Through this exercise, we are able to closely engage with our client as we understand more of the workplace environment and worker’s job description.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SCREENING
There will be two screenings available which are related with Occupational Health Services. There are Audiometry and Spirometry Screening. Audiometry and Spirometry services are available during the operation hours at KPJ Bandar Maharani Specialist Hospital. The screenings are performed and completed by certified Occupational Health Doctor and also our competent nurses with the equipment which enable our team to perform Audiometry Test as well as Lung Function Test effectively and at the highest standard of compliance.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH TRAINING & AWARENESS TALK
Occupational Health Training comprise of training programme that is customized and designed based on the requirement by the authority, type of hazard and the Health Key Performance Indicator of every organization or workplace. We offer a broad range of health talks and programs that are conducted by our Occupational Health Doctor to promote safe and healthy workplace, better health management and wellness. We customize talk and programs to suit the need of education and awareness with priority in regards to specific hazard exposure and risk at your workplace.
ERGONOMIC RISK ASSESSMENTS
Ergonomics in the workplace is known as a science of designing the workplace, keeping in mind the capabilities and limitations of the worker. Poor worksite design leads to fatigued, frustrated and hurting workers. This rarely leads to the most productive worker. More likely, it leads to a painful and costly injury, lower productivity and poor product quality. Ergonomic Risk Assessments is required in order for us to identify if there is any potential of the risks to happen. Our Occupational Health Doctor will conduct visit to know better on the workflow and next to distribute questionnaire and checklist to the workers who are potentially to get the risk. Occupational Health Doctor will come out with a comprehensive report to explain on the potential injury that might occur and possibly will be harmful to the workers.
Occupational Health Doctor (OHD) & Medical Review Officer (MRO):
Dr. Mohd Khairul Amirin Khalid
MD (NNSMA, Rus), MD (NIOSH), MO (AOEMM)
Reg. No.: HQ/19/DOC/00/00374
Tel: +60 6-956 4500 (ext. 1019)
HOME CARE SERVICES
KPJ BMSH offers Home Care Nursing for those who require support and continuous care from their home. It helps you to undergo post-care in comfort and privacy from your area. We have professional, caring, and compassionate nurses to provide treatment and educate the patients as well as family members on medications, diet and nutrition, mother and baby care, and catheter & wound care. Our home care team is always ready to serve you and we are just a call away to deliver compassionate healthcare to your doorstep.
Our available services as listed below:
Our charges are based on the number of visits, Type of services, disposable items used & location. Kindly contact us at +60 6-956 4500 (ext. 4128) for further information.
- Medical Surgical Cases
- Medication Prescription
- Insertion of nasogastric tube & Urinary Catheter
- Wound Care & Dressing
- Nursing Daily Care (Bathing/Sponging)
- Diabetic Counselling
- Geriatric Nursing
- Specimen Collection
- Palliative Care
- Post Natal Care
- Checking on Vital Signs
- Wound Care
- Breastfeeding Counselling
- Post Natal Diet
- Post Natal Exercise
- Baby Care
- Care of Umbilical Cord
- Check for Jaundice
** The fee does not include disposable items used to cost.** Services rendered are subject to the area of coverage.** Charges applicable within a 30km radius.
KPJ BMSH sees individuals of all ages and each treatment will be customized according to the needs of each individual. We provide various types of assistance in a form of counseling and exercises. Here are the lists of services available:
- General counseling on hearing and communication issues.
- Hearing aids and Assistive Listening Devices (ALD).
- Tinnitus Rehabilitation.
- School Hearing Awareness Campaign Talk.
- Community Hearing Awareness Campaign Talks.
BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT GROUP
KPJ BMSH Breastfeeding Support Group provides education and emotional support that could improve your quality of life. Emotional support and educational assistance may lessen your worries about fighting diseases/sickness or facing a difficult situation. Please do not hesitate to ask for our help.
Breastfeeding Support Group : Tel: +60 6-956 4500 (ext. 3012)
- Dr Siti Rasidah Ibrahim: +60 19-276 9877
- Pn Norfaizah Bachok: +60 19-757 5879
- Sr Nor Farhana Abd Jabar: +60 19-244 2557
- SN Nazlah Tumpang: +60 12-756 6004
- SN Siti Maslin Ramli: +60 17-743 0343
- SN Nur Hernani Mustar: +60 18-318 4798