- Dr Lam Ruey Shyang started his medical career after graduated with MBBS at International Medical University in 2004. He then graduated with MRCS at Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 2008.
- He then further his study in Surgery and was awarded with Master of Surgery by Universiti Malaya (UM) in 2013.
- He then received his Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery and Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery from World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) in 2014.
- He started in General Surgery Department at Bukit Mertajam Hospital, Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital and University Malaya Medical Centre.
- He was the Head of General Surgery Department at Kulim Hospital from 2013 to 2015.
- He is skilled in the entire spectrum of general surgical conditions and performs the entire spectrum of general surgical diseases and performs operative procedures relating to the thyroid gland, breasts, the entire gastrointestinal tract (including the stomach, small & large intestines, rectum and anus), abdominal wall herniae, skin and subcutaneous skin lesions.
- He is also competent in performing a few urological procedures and AVF creation for kidney failure patients.
- He started career as Consultant General Surgeon & Laparoscopic Surgeon in Amanjaya Specialist Center in 2015.
- He later joins KPJ Pasir Gudang Specialist Hospital in July 2016 and serves as Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon until now.
- Graduated with MBBS at International Medical University in 2004.
- MRCS at Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland in 2008.
- Master of Surgery by Universiti Malaya (UM) in 2013.
- Membership of Royal Colleges of Surgeon (Ireland)
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP)
- Life member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
Education & Fellowship
Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery from World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) in 2014.
- Minimal Access / Invasive (Laparoscopy
/ Keyhole) Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Appendiectomy
- Laparoscopic Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Rectopexy
- Endoscopic (Scarless) Thyroid Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Breast Surgery
- Transanal Minimal Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)