KPJ Perdana Specialist Hospital outpatients clinics are for those patients, who do not require emergency care, and patients are stable with non acute healthcare problems and illnesses. Appointment schedule are given but clinics mostly are run on, first come first serve basis every day. Please visit our specialist doctors who are there for best and fastest possible care for your better health
ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Accident and Emergency Services is located at the ground floor. It is situated at the left wing of the building and can be accessed from the main entrance. From within the hospital, the Services is accessible through the main lobby or through Diagnostic Imaging Services.
A&E provides 24 hours comprehensive outpatient services. It is manned by Medical Officers and a team of experienced nurses and aides. Priority of treatment is given to patients in a critical condition.
The Medical Officers handle routine treatment, follow up care and basic medical screening here. KPJ Perdana has been appointed as a GP Referral Clinic by many of our corporate clients. Referral for specialist care is easily available if necessary.
DIAGNOSTIC & IMAGING SERVICES
This Services is located at the ground floor. The Services has a crucial and vital role in the work-up of patients by providing radiological input to complement and in some instances to confirm the clinical diagnosis and in other occasions to add further information with regards to the illness of patients which may be so subtle to be elicited by the clinicians.
In other instances, radiological examination is utilized to assess the status of patient, following the treatment.
Services that can be provided by DIS includes:
• Plain radiography/ plain X-ray
• Ultrasonography; including Doppler study
• Contrast radiography e.g. intravenous urography(IVU)
• 64 Slice CT Scan
• Mobile radiography
• C-arm; operating theatre radiographic facility
PATIENT & MEDICAL RECORD SERVICES
All patients' case notes are stored centrally at this services. The services is responsible to maintain and ensure that strict standard of confidentiality are adhered to at all time and place.
At the same time the Service will ensure that accessibility to patient case notes and information are strictly monitored.
Pharmacy Services is located at Ground Floor (Lobby Area) and provides a 24-hour services for outpatients and inpatients.
Pharmacy Services mission is to ensure that all of our customers receive:
• Safe, efficacious and high quality pharmaceutical products
• Professional advices on the usages of the pharmaceutical products
Our objectives are:
• To provide efficient and courteous services to our customers
• To provide drug information and professional advices to our customers
• To supply and dispense correct medications as prescribed by doctors
• To ensure that our customers receive medications within a reasonable period of time
• To purchase and maintain adequate stocks of pharmaceutical products
Services available at Pharmacy Services are:
• Inpatient Services
• Outpatient Services
• Community Services
• Pharmaceutical Store Services
• Drug Information Services
ICU/CCU/PICU is located at the third floor, the same floor with the Delivery Suite, Operation Theatre & CSSS.There is a direct corridor linkage to the OT from Invasive Catheterization Laboratory (ICL).The common entrance to the unit is via the main lift.
ICU/CCU/PICU covers wide range of cases such as below:
• Major surgery
• Serious injury
• Respiratory failure
• Severe shock
• Acute heart condition
• Severe poisoning / over dose etc.
It is manned on 24 hours basis with one to one ratio of staff to patient with ventilator.
Number of beds in the Units are:
ICU – 4 BEDS
CCU – 5 BEDS
PICU – 1 BEDS
Dietary Services aims to satisfy customer with cost effective service provided. It also provides a higher level of food quality in all aspect such as food palatability, attractiveness, appropriate temperature, food hygiene and varieties of the food served.
Related to its objective, the Services aims to improve patients' health and restore patients to their normal state of well-being.
Dietary Services Cover
- Supply food for inpatients.
- Choices of menu (accordingly to the diseases and patient's condition)
Cafeteria ( was opened on August 2006 ):
- Cater our visitors and staff
Dietary Services (kitchen) and Cafeteria are located at Ground Floor (level1) of Perdana Specialist Hospital
A dietitian or dietician (dietitian is the official spelling used within the dietetics profession) is an expert in food and nutrition. Dietitians help promote good health through proper eating. They supervise the preparation and service of food, develop modified diets, participate in research, and educate individuals and groups on good nutritional habits.
In a medical setting, a dietitian may provide specific artificial nutritional needs to patients unable to consume food normally. Dietary modification to address medical issues involving dietary intake is also a major part of dietetics. The goals of the dietary department are to provide medical nutritional intervention, obtain, prepare, and serve flavorsome, attractive, and nutritious food to patients, family members, and health care providers.
Dietitians are a valuable member of the medical multi-disciplinary team providing nutritional knowledge and acting as consultants to other health care professionals.
A dietitian can counseling regarding on disease such as:
• weight reducing
• high cholestrol
• gouty artritis
• high protein needed / dialysis
• low appetite / issue with appetite and etc.
Any enquiry / appointment can call Dietitian at 09-7458000 (ext : 1055) for further details.
Patient's meal is prepared under the DIETITIAN recommendation with the advice from CONSULTANT (doctor).
A Menu will be given to patient everyday to enable our patient to make their own choice.
However, patient on the THERAPUETIC DIET will have to adhere strictly to the diet prescribed. (Ala Carte meals are also available) please call DIET AIDE (ext 1049) for further details.
Standard meals are served as follow:
• Breakfast : 8.00 am - 8.30 am
• Lunch : 12.00 nn - 12.30 nn
• Afternoon Tea : 3.00 pm - 3.30 pm
• Dinner : 6.00 pm - 6.30 pm
Physiotherapy Services is located at the second floor. It provides a wide range of electrotherapy and exercise-therapy for rehabilitation.
It ensures fast and safe return to your activities after injury. Team up with our physiotherapist for a professional assessment of your physical problems to regain your optimum fitness level.
Treat inpatient and outpatient
• Receive referral from in house doctors, GP, government hospitals and walk in patients.
• Also provides other services e.g Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Orthotic / Prosthetic if needed.
• Sell rehabilitation aids including consultation.
• Electrotherapy Room
• Paediatric Room
• Counter and waiting area
How a Physiotherapist Can Help You?
• Identify problem areas and treat them accordingly.
• Identify the causes and predisposing factors.
• Provides rehabilitation following occupational or sporting injuries.
• Provides rehabilitation and exercise before and after surgery.
• Provides advice on exercise programs.
• Provides or advice on special equipment.
Laboratory Services is located at the second floor. The services provided are handled by experienced team of Medical Laboratory Technologists.
They are under close supervision of Lablink Sdn Bhd a subsidiary of KPJ Healthcare Berhad.
All machines in the laboratory are linked to Laboratory Information System (LIS).
The following are professional services offered by our laboratory.
• Full medical investigations 24 hours a day
• Fluids and Excretions
• Immunology / Serology
• 8-Molecular Diagnostic
Operating Theatre situated on the third floor is managed by a team of committed and trained staff of mixed disciplines. It consist of two theatres which cater operations undergoing General Anaesthesia (GA), Local Anaesthesia (LA) , Spinal Anaesthesia or sedations for minor cases . providing the full range of surgical services.
SPECIAL DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE
Special Diagnostic Centre is located at the second floor. This Centre is fully equipped with the latest techniques using highly sophisticated equipment and various diagnostic investigations include Stress Test, ECG, ECHO and audiogram (silent cabin).
We offer wide range of wellness packages at the most competitive price.
• College or Varsity Medical Check Up
• Executive Screening Package by Physician / Cardiologist
• Pre Employment Screening
• Prostate Screening by Urologist
• Pilgrimage Medical Check Up
• Stress Test
The aim of the centre is to provide dialysis for patients with :
• Acute renal failure admitted to the ward or ICU.End stage kidney failure - requiring life-long treatment on dialysis while awaiting a kidney transplant.
• In case of acute poisoning and where haemodialysis or haemorperfusion is indicated, then this too can be done. In such cases charcoal haemoperfuser may be used.
• The centre also hopes to provide plasmapheresis facilities for well defined indications.
• All patients dialysed are tested for Hepatitis B, C and HIV. Patients with HBsAg+ve are isolated and dialysed saperately. The centre does not dialyse patient with HIV.
AZALEA WARD (PREMIER WARD)
Azalea ward is located at the fifth floor. Currently it consists of 22 beds which includes 10 Single Deluxe rooms, 5 Single Standard rooms, 2 Single Standard type A room, 2 Isolation rooms, 1 Executive Room, 1 Executive Suite, 2 beds for two bedded room with more spacious space.
• Deluxe Room
• Single Standard Room
• Single Standard Type A Room
• Isolation Room
• Executive Room
• Executive Suite
• Double Bedded Room
Rafflesia Ward is located at the fifth floor. Currently it consists of 32 beds which is 1 bed for VIP Room, 3 beds for Deluxe Room, 7 beds for Single Standard Room, 18 beds for Two Bedded Room and 3 beds for Three Bedded Room.
• VIP Room
• VIP Visitors Room
• Deluxe Room
• Single Standard Room
• Double Bedded Room
• Three Bedded Room
JASMINE WARD & NURSERY
Jasmine Ward and Nursery is located at the fourth floor. Currently it consists of 28 beds which is 1 bed for VIP Room, 3 beds for Deluxe Room, 6 beds for Single Standard Room, 14 beds for Two Bedded Room and 4 beds for Four Bedded Room.
• Single Deluxe Room
• Single Standard Room
• Two Bedded Room
• Four Bedded Room
Alamanda is a paediatric ward which is located at the fourth floor. Currently it consists of 31 beds which is 1 bed for VIP room, 1 executive room, 2 beds for deluxe room, 7 beds for single standard room, 12 beds for two bedded room and 8 beds for four bedded room.
• Executive room
• Single Deluxe room
• Single Standard room
• Two-bedded room
• Four-bedded room
CARDIOLOGY & CATHETERISATION LABORATORY
What Is An Angiogram?
An angiogram is a type of X-ray. It uses a special camera to look at the arteries that feed your heart with blood. An angiogram is a good way to find clogged or narrowed places in these arteries. Arteries can become blocked over time by a build up of fats and cholesterol called plaques. Narrowed arteries allow less blood and oxygen to reach the heart. When blood can't flow through your arteries, you may have chest pain know as angina. If the blood flow to the heart is totally blocked, a heart attack occurs.
What Happens In The Test?
- You will be asked to go to the heart catheterization laboratory
- You will lie on a firm table near a camera and other equipment
- The doctor will numb an area on your arm or groin, then insert a thin plastic tube called a catheter into an artery
- A special fluid will be injected to make the arteries of your heart show up clearly on the X-ray
- Several X-rays will be taken as the fluid goes in. You may be asked to hold your breath or cough
- You will be able to see the catheter, the movement of your heart and the outline of your arteries on the monitor, if you wish
How Will It Feel?
Many patients do not feel pain during the test. Others may feel:
- Pressure at the site where the doctor moves the catheter
- Chest pain or pressure
- Shortness of breath
- A tingling, warm feeling when the fluid is injected
- The urge to pass urine as the fluid moves through the kidneys.
These are to be expected, but be sure to tell the doctor if you feel any severe discomfort during the test.
What Is Coronary Angioplasty or PTCA?
Angioplasty opens blocked arteries that supply blood to your heart. It is used when arteries become narrowed by a build up of fats and cholesterol called plaque. Then your heart does not get the blood it needs. That can cause chest pain and lead to a heart attack. In angioplasty, a tiny balloon is inflated in the blocked artery. This pushes the plaque against the artery walls and reopens the artery.
How Is Angioplasty Done?
Doctor inserts a thin plastic tube or catheter into an artery in your leg or arm. The catheter is guided into the coronary arteries that feed the heart.
The doctor watches on a special X-ray camera and guides the catheter to the narrow spot. Next, a smaller catheter with a tiny balloon tip goes through the first catheter.
The balloon tip is inflated when it reaches the narrow part of the artery. The balloon pushes against the plaque to open the artery.
Then the balloon is deflated and the catheters are taken out.
How Will It Feel?
Angioplasty causes little pain. You will be awake while it happens which usually takes about 45 minutes. You will be given medicine to help you relax
The doctor will numb the area where the catheter will be placed. You may feel some pressure as the catheter is moved around. After it is over, the doctor and nurses will watch you closely for several hours. You may stay in the hospital to rest for two or three days. The spot where the catheter was inserted may be a little sore.
How Long Does The Test Last?
That depends on the number of X-ray photos taken and what the doctor needs to look for on the angiogram. Normally the whole process takes between 1 to 3 hours.
What Happens After The Test?
The nurses or doctor will give you special instructions to follow. If you have chest pain or discomfort, or a tingly feeling at the catheter site, be sure to let the doctor know. Your doctor will tell you the results of the angiogram and talk with you about possible treatment if needed.
Delivery Suite is located on the third floor next to the Operation theatre and ICU. There are 4 suites, 2 Single, 1 Deluxe and 1 procedures room. These suites are all well equipped with the latest monitoring and resuscitation equipments including wall entonox with option for epidural anaesthesia, baby facilities with comprehensive nursery care.
The facility is backed by a supporting team of dedicated and specialized medical and nursing team trained in obstetric and midwifery procedures. As and when requested, a dedicated nursing team will be available to provide home visit for postnatal mother and baby through our specially designed "after-sales" care.
• Single Room
• Deluxe Room
• Procedure Room
• Baby Resuscitation Room