Pre-Admission / Admission Procedure
Our admission counter is located at the Ground floor.
Other than emergency cases, appointments for admission are made during your visit to the Consultant's Clinic.
7AM to 9PM, Monday through Sunday.
What to bring?
Your I.C (Identity Card) or Passport or your Birth Certificate. If you have a medical card, please bring it along.
For foreigners, please bring your work permit or Passport.
For those who are covered by insurance or employer medical benefits, please bring your:
- Letter of Guarantee
- Authorisation Letter / Chit from company
- Past Medical Records, recent Mammogram films and laboratory results And current medications(if applicable)
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1. To know the name, profession and experience of our staff who care and treat for you.
2. To freely voice complaints and recommend changes without fear of a change in the quality
3. To ask to see another doctor, get a second opinion, or change doctors or hospitals.
4. To refuse to take part in the training of healthcare workers, research or in experimental programs.
5. Accept or refuse medical or surgical treatment, including forgoing or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment or withholding resuscitative services.
A Patient has the responsibility to...
1. Provide accurate and complete information about your present medical conditions, medications and special needs.
2. Provide information about any special needs you may have that are an important part of your culture or religion.
3. Follow treatment instructions or let us know if you are unwilling or unable to do so.
4. Consider the comfort and needs of other patients.
5. Respect the role and dignity of Hospital staff and their right to a safe and pleasant work environment.
Pre Surgery Admission
You will be given a referral letter from the consultant once appointment is made for admission. Thus, you are required to sign a consent form before the operation.
Things to Bring for Admission
- Mother's clothes
- 1 Set Baby's clothes
- Blanket/Towel for wrapping the baby
- Mother Antenatal Card
- Mother's Identity Card
- Father’s Identity Card
- Marriage Certification
Birth Registration of your Baby:
You should register your baby with the Sibu Registrar of Birth within 14 days of delivery. Our staff will provide you with the necessary documents & will give to you upon discharge.
SSMC Delivery Pricing Guide
Normal Delivery Packages: RM2300 or above
Caesarean Delivery Packages : RM4300 or above
Applicable to 1 night stay at 4 bedded room / Single Room only.
This package only applicable to KPJ Sibu Specialist Medical Centre O&G Surgeon.
*Term and conditions apply*
The Price will include:
One Night Stay
O&G Specialist Delivery Fees
Baby Check up by Paediatrician
Baby Blood Screening
Immunisation at Birth - Vitamin K, Hepatitis B, BCG
Postnatal Antibiotic / Painkiller
Anaesthetic Fees (Caesarean Package only)
Surgery (Caesarean Package only)
Delivery excludes the following treatment:
Any special medical needs or requirements which are NOT included in the above pricing guide will
be charged separately.
- Induction of labour
- Pain Relief in Labour – Epidural anesthesia
- Vacuum delivery/Forceps delivery
- Upgraderoom/extra day stay
- Special nursing care for premature or ill baby
- Non-routine treatment
- Hepabig injection for baby of Hep B mother
- Phototherapy of jaundice
- Multiple pregnancies
- Delivery of " Horoscope" baby
- Additional lab. Tests and investigations Notes: All rates are subject to revision from time to time by SSMC. The rates are quoted for normal delivery without any complication. Prices may vary depending on any
complication or special circumstance. Please call us for more information at
084 – 329900.
During Your Stay
As soon as you have cleared the admission process at Sibu Specialist Medical Centre, you will be escorted to your room by a hospital representative.
All rooms are equipped with the following amenities:
- Television ( Executive & Single Room)
- Nurse Call System (available 24 hours a day & free of charge)
- Attached bathroom and toilet
- Adjustable bed
- Portable table
Doctor's Ward Round
The attending doctor shall review your condition every day. We encourage you to inform the doctor if you have further discomfort or if you are unclear about your diagnosis or treatment plan.
Nurses Call Services
Our nurses are available 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. All beds are fitted with a nurse call buzzer which you can use to contact the nurses should you need assistance at any time.
Breakfast & Tea Snack
Complimentary breakfast at 7:30am and afternoon tea at 3:00pm will be provided to the patients. First cup of Milo drink is available free of charge upon request (Delivery patients) and additional drink will be
charged RM3 per cup.