Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1. To know the name, profession and experience of our staff who care and treat for you.
2. To freely voice complaints and recommend changes without fear of a change in the quality
3. To ask to see another doctor, get a second opinion, or change doctors or hospitals.
4. To refuse to take part in the training of healthcare workers, research or in experimental programs.
5. Accept or refuse medical or surgical treatment, including forgoing or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment or withholding resuscitative services.
A Patient has the responsibility to...
1. Provide accurate and complete information about your present medical conditions, medications and special needs.
2. Provide information about any special needs you may have that are an important part of your culture or religion.
3. Follow treatment instructions or let us know if you are unwilling or unable to do so.
4. Consider the comfort and needs of other patients.
5. Respect the role and dignity of Hospital staff and their right to a safe and pleasant work environment.